Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pork fast with boo

As far as i can remember, i never notice the lent period go by. This time, my boo and i decided to fast Pork for the lent period. We are so crazy about Pork and could eat it any day and any time but this time we decided to be off it for about two months. The fact that we were doing it for God made us ignore our love for it and put God first. We struggled as we passed pork joints and we also had to refuse it when we were at our marriage counselor's home at two different sessions. Up to this day, i respect all those who decide not to eat Pork coz if i told myself that, i would be lying to myself. I this pork is one of the best things that God ever thought of creating and it is so funny that pigs do not even know that they taste that good but gosh, that meat is heavenly. This has been such a fun lent period and now my boo and I can look back at the past two months and know that we made a genuine sacrifice. I am not sure if i can ever do anything like this again but i guess if i have my boo consoling me its possible. So that was our interesting and trying lent period. Happy Easter and please get yourselves some pork coz i sure will get myself some.

2 comments:

  1. Gwe, stop encouraging people to go eat pork. They just may end up eating it all up and then what will be left with? Our children? Thanks love for putting to "paper" what we did in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they will just be left with our pigs at the farm since ours are not eaten, thus we get to sell them, isn't that something good?....Thanks love

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
enjoying the good times in life and totally ignoring the stress factors...okay trying to ignore them. I am proud to be a black woman and the fact that i mentioned the colour does not mean am racist but just means i recognise who i am. I love God, my boo, my family, my friends and many other little things that are connected to living with these categories of people. That doesn't mean i do not like making friends. I do and i love writing thus blogging.