Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the proposal

When i touched the serviettes i felt a box and then it hit me, OH MY GOD!!!! He has just proposed. i couldn't believe it. This was a huge thing and i couldn't believe he was doing this, i opened the box and it was the most beautiful ring i had ever seen. It was pretty and then i got emotional. He had made a commitment, that was so touching, so beautiful and so humbling, i was stunned and i cried because it was such a beautiful thing that had just happened. He said he dint see a future without me. He knew i was the one and had even told his mother about it.

i said yes and i wore the pretty ring. It was lovely and then he drove me to his place where i found other people waiting to surprise me. It was a lovely evening. Mum called and she had known about the surprise, so did senga, my brother and everyone else. It was the most beautiful weekend ever. The weekend when a man proposed to me, a man committed the rest of his life to me. A man promised to be there for me until death do us part. The man did not stop there, he let the whole world know it. He had pulled it off, he had surprised me. He had brought joy into my heart. He had given his whole life on earth to me. and by saying yes i have accepted and given him mine in return.

God the maker of heaven and creator of love, created these moments, for us to enjoy, to express and to live them but not forget that before all these moments is his first love that he gave up for us. I am humbled, i am speechless, totally thankful and obviously in love

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you my Love that I love you so?
    That your eyes and your ways just blow me away?
    Did I tell you this morning how much we belong?
    That my best of thoughts are of us not the rest?
    If I didn't my love forgive my ways.
    For I must have been dreaming of the future we have.

    So now I do tell you that I love you so.
    That your eyes and your ways just blow me away.'
    I tell you this moment how much we belong.
    And the best of my thoughts are of us not the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i am totally stunned by that poetry...***sigh***

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
enjoying the good times in life and totally ignoring the stress factors...okay trying to ignore them. I am proud to be a black woman and the fact that i mentioned the colour does not mean am racist but just means i recognise who i am. I love God, my boo, my family, my friends and many other little things that are connected to living with these categories of people. That doesn't mean i do not like making friends. I do and i love writing thus blogging.